Details & Features
PAIRED & VOICED
Every component is meticulously hand-selected for consonant tonal properties. I listen to every brace blank and choose all pieces to match the sonic goals of each individual instrument.
PARABOLIC TONE BARS
We bend the lower face braces to create more spring in the top & add more resonant surface area behind the bridge. They are scalloped & voiced to match the stiffness of the individual top plate.
ECLIPTIC ~ in breif
A refined design from years of planning & experimentation, the Ecliptic is a toneful masterwork. Your wood choices will define the overall voice.
The Ecliptic is a big sounding guitar considering its size. The goal is to seek the optimal response from each piece of tone wood. During construction, all tops are individually voiced and tap-tuned. We are looking for the best possible balance of tone and potential power. Hot hide glue is used exclusively for all bracing and the bridge joint. Every integral piece, including braces, are selected for their consonant tonal characteristics and tap tones, pairing all components within each guitar. Specs and options below.
Specs & Options
- Scale Length: 25.25"
- Lower Bout: 15"
- Depth: 4"
- Upper Bout: 11.125"
- Body Length: 18.6"
- Neck Reinforcement: 2-way truss rod w/ hardwood laminates or carbon fiber rods.
- Nut & Saddle: bone
- Inlay: 12-fret emblem with offset swoosh markers, pearl side dots
- Top Wood: Red Spruce, Sitka or Cedar
- Back & Sides: Indian rosewood, ovangkol, mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Finish: high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 Delta
- Case: Guardian Premium Plush Hardshell
Base Price: $5,800
OPTIONS & UPGRADES:
- B&S Upgrades: flame maple, wenge, zircote, Brazilian rosewood, black limba, bubinga, inquire for others
- Top Upgrades: Euopean alpine spruce (moon spruce,) torrified sitka spruce, Oregon Cypress, sinker redwood
- Inlay: many inlay options and possibilities. We'll guide the design process.
- Nut & Saddle: upgrade to Fossilized Walrus Ivory
- Bridge: ebony or Brazilian rosewood
- Pickups: K&K Systems [upgrade]
- Nut Width: 1-3/4" or 1-11/16"
- Neck Wood: mahogany wenge upgrade
- Fingerboard: ebony or rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" or compound
- Frets: Jescar EVO Gold or 18% Nickel Si
- Neck Finish: satin nitro or hand buffed TruOil varnish
- Neck Shape: Modern Slim-ish or Vintage V-ish
- Tuners: Gotoh DeVinci, nickel, black, upgrade to gold, others available
Customize Your ECLIPTIC
Start the Conversation!
ORDERS & INFO
Pickups: We are authorized dealers for many of the best acoustic and electric pickup makers. We can discuss any options prior to quoting.
Cutaways: I offer two different cutaway styles for acoustic guitars... Quoted per instrument.
Bevels: Acoustic edge bevels are quoted per guitar.
Wood Upgrades: I stock many exotic woods and upgrade options. We can also find many species that aren't in my current wood stash. The list of standard wood choices for base pricing include: ash, sitka spruce, red spruce, western red cedar, Indian rosewood, ovangkol, mahogany and others. Examples of upgrade wood options include: flame maple, zircote, Brazilian rosewood, black limba, bubinga, European alpine spruce (moon spruce,) torrified sitka spruce, Oregon cypress, wenge, sinker redwood, northwestern redwood, and many others.
Inlay: We offer nearly endless inlay options and capabilities. However, your desired design must fit our aesthetic parameters and conditions. We will work with you to bring your vision to life in the Solstice form.
Rosette & Endgraft : Using input from your aesthetic requests, the rosette and the tail are expressions of my artistic endeavor. I make each one slightly different.