Created in collaboration with Jordan Fairless from the band Spafford. The Nova is an articulate and powerful bass made from a personally harvested old growth ponderosa tree.
Details & Features
NOVA BASS ~ features
A thunderous 5 string neck-through bass with clarity and power made for the stage.
Are you ready for extreme clarity and power?
Bassists don't always need to sit back in the mix. If you play on stage you need the versatility to be heard when needed, while providing a smooth and thick foundation for the band.
The Nova Bass was created in collaboration with Jordan Fairless, bassist for the band Spafford. It is a powerful five-string made with a unique cut of local wood from a downed tree harvested near my home in northern Arizona.
Specs & Options
The through-neck is built with a core of maple/walnut laminates and mahogany. The body wings are made from old-growth Ponderosa, sealed and saturated with a special epoxy mixture. The top is fully capped with figured Walnut.
- Scale Length: 35"
- Neck Reinforcement: double-action truss rod, hardwood laminates and carbon fiber rods.
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Nut Material: bone
- Inlay: Phoenix & Dragon Inflight
- Bridge: Hipshot Triple-Lock Single Saddle String-Through Bridges
- Top Wood: flame walnut
- Body Wings: old-grown ponderosa pine, epoxy saturation seal process
- Finish: hand rubbed TruOil varnish
- Tuners: Hipshot Open Gear w/ ebony buttons
- Frets: Jescar 18% Nickel Silver
- Case: Guardian Premium rigid soft case
Base Price: $4,300
OPTIONS & UPGRADES:
- Neck Upgrades: added laminates, purple heart, wenge
- Top Upgrades: flame maple stained, zircote, cocobolo rosewood
- Inlay: standard inlay options available
- Nut: upgrade to fossilized walrus ivory or graphite
- Bridge: Hipshot, Badass, & Gotoh bridge options
- Pickups: Nordstrand or Lollar
- Nut Width: 1-3/4" or 1-11/16"
- Fingerboard: ebony or wenge
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"- 18" compounded
- Neck Shape: Medium D
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 Delta Series, nickel, black, upgrade to gold