Complete Re-Fretting & Custom Setup
This is the next step beyond our Custom Pro Setup. Older guitars and instruments that get professionally played intensively will eventually need this job performed. Re-fretting a guitar is not only a delicate and tedious process, and it's not just about getting new frets pounded in. The actual purpose of complete re-fretting is to re-surface and flatten the fingerboard plane perfectly, providing a new and level surface free of any irregularities for the new frets to sit upon. This increases playability and the potential for perfect string action. During this process we correct the radius of the fingerboard and add a subtle compound toward the final frets.
Guitar necks are narrow pieces of wood under substantial amount of force. Despite truss rods, wood will distort over time, especially under tension and stress. After removing the frets we correct any issues in the surface of the fingerboard itself, then adjust all action points and detail your setup.
- Perfect Fretboard Surface: true up the fingerboard surface and add a very subtle compound to achieve perfect fretting action from the first fret to the last.
- Fret Seating & Leveling: after fret installation, we level, bevel & polished the frets for a smooth feel up and down the neck edges.
- Intonation Corrections & Adjustments: fabrication of a new bone nut, customized and cut for proper spacing specific to your playing style and instrument.
- Action Setup Customized to Your Playing Style: proper neck relief, action height, nut slot depths and intonation sweetening for your individual playing style.
- Full Servicing & Buffing: fretboard conditioning, buffing, cleaning, gear adjustments, oiling & minor touch-ups. Your guitar will come back looking as beautiful as it plays.