It's a variable phenomenon inspired by a classic chambered T-style guitar. The Transit is made to be customized. This versatility means it becomes many things... even a solid body!
Details & Features
For a planetary Transit to occur, it depends on your relative position, your perspective at the right moment.
Do you like pedals and FX chains, or do you plug in direct? Twang and chicken pickin' or screaming rock leads over power chords? The Transit model is made to be customized. Discover your favorite combination of pickups and bridge styles, or collaborate with me to design your own.
The body shape features ergonomic contouring at the heel, plus an arm bevel and rear comfort carve. The neck joint utilizes a precisely aligned machine-bolt system with threaded inserts embedded into the neck itself. A modern 2-way adjustable truss rod is reinforced with twin carbon fiber tone rods.
The Transit was originally designed with a fully chambered body, giving it added resonance and an open voice. But you can also choose solid body, single chamber, or the original full semi-hollow. We also can do it chambered without the sound hole.
Specs & Options
- Scale Length: 25.25"
- Neck Reinforcement: double-action truss rod w/ twin graphite rods
- Inlay: 12-fret emblem with offset shell dots, standard side markers, upgrade to pearl side markers
- Body Wood: light weight swamp ash
- Body Finish: nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: satin nitro or hand buffed oil varnish
- Hardware: Gotoh
- Frets: Jescar EVO Gold or 18% Nickel Silver
- String Through: string through body ferrules
- Case: Guardian rigid premium softcase
Base Price: $2,500
- Tone Chambers: standard soundhole fully chambered, chambered no hole, or solid body
- Colors: Natural, Lucent Red, Lucent Blue, Night Glass Black (other solid colors available)
- Pickguard: 3-ply black, cream, parchment, tortoise
- Saddles: KTS Titanium upgrade, or Gotoh standard plated brass
- Bridge: Gotoh standard humbucker T-Style bridge, Vintage Slim style, Bigsby with roller bridge, or modern fulcrum trem
- Pickups: Lollar , Darkmoon, TV Jones or Duncan
- Nut Width: 1-5/8" or 1-11/16"
- Neck Wood: maple or Oregon hard cypress
- Fingerboard: ebony, maple, rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" or 12" (subtle compound)
- Inlay: custom designs (inquire)
- Nut Material: bone, graphite, or upgrade to fossilized walrus ivory
- Neck Shape: Modern Slim or Vintage Thickish
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 Delta Series, nickel, black, upgrade to gold or locking with tremolo
- Electronics & Switching: standard wiring, switching options, PMT & DMT tone mods
Transits for sale & in-process. Use the buttons to filter.
Customize Your Transit
Start the Conversation!
I warranty my guitars against any defect in craftsmanship or materials for ten years. This warranty includes general maintenance and one complete setup (with fret leveling) within the first two years of your ownership. All services are to be completed by our shop only. This warranty does not cover any issues related to neglect or adverse reactions due to improper care, climate, humidity, or temperature. Any pickups and electronics (if installed) are warrantied for 3 years.